16 September 2010

I like...

Oh, well, it's been almost a year and I haven't posted a thing. I refuse to feel badly about it and have decided that I won't make any promises to myself about any more posts.

I did say - oh, a year ago - that I would post my likes, ala Maud M. Here's a go of it:

I like sitting in a room as the sun sets and the light grows dim. There too, sunsets in North Carolina and Chiemsee. The shadow of pines, especially over the bays of Maine. I like realizing that a book I'm reading is delicious and knowing that there are plenty of pages left. I like anticipation - when the curtain rises in the theater - and fruition. I like eating out with just a book. I like old homes and crumbling buildings. Rainy days with nothing to do. Holding hands with my husband, and long road trips with him. Staying in a bed and breakfast in the autumn. I like long earrings and tall boots. Old typewriters and fountain pens. When a line of poetry makes you see the world anew. Making strawberry shortcake. Boys with floppy hair. Curling up with my dog and listening to her sigh. I like letters. And memories of cozy times with friends.

Not everything I like, of course, but good ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment